I’m awaiting a call from the producers of Hoarders telling me I’ve landed a spot on their next episode. Why you ask? Well I’ve been hoarding quite a number of yummy and delicious meals I’ve cooked up over the past month. Shame on me for not sharing, my kindergarten teacher Mrs. Liesman would be so disappointed in me. Fear not though, I’ve found a plan to reconcile my wrongdoings with you faithful readers.
A new series! Yep, that’s right. Starting today I’ll be posting at least one delicious meal for you to imitate, replicate, or even modificate (go with the rhyme not the reason) every Tuesday on this here blog, which you can even have delivered straight to your inbox! Seeing as how it’ll already be 8:00pm when this issue is hot off the press I’m going to start things off with a simple, but delightful little course I whipped up just the other day for Miss Fancy Boots and myself.
Caprese Chicken with Sauteed Zucchini
- 2 chicken boobs (boneless, skinless, no antibiotics, free-range, organic, etc.)
- 1 termater (beefsteak or backyard, either works great)
- 1 fresh ball of mozzarella cheese (your heart prefers it unsalted)
- 1 zucchini (green, yellow, whatever… this isn’t a racist blog)
- Start by heating some ELOO over medium in a good ole frying pan. Once the oil ripples you can toss the chicken boobs in for a solid 7-8 minutes on each side. The real key is to make sure you reach an internal temp of 145-165°F. You don’t want the chicken to be completely cooked because we’re about to throw ’em in the broiler.
- While your boobs are grilling start by slicing up your zucchini and then cooking that in a frying pan with some ELOO over medium heat, covered. Next, slice you up that termater and mozzarella real nice. Depending on the size of the two you’ll likely only need one or two slices of tomato and mozzarella to cover the chicken breast. And if you’re lucky, you’ll instantly have a caprese salad appetizer for two.
- Pull your chicken out of the frying pan and place them on a baking pan. Then top with the termater and mozzarella.
- Place back in the oven with the broiler on high and monitor until your cheese melts and just starts to brown.
- Flip your zucchini occasionally and pull off when done to your liking.
- Remove your boobs from the broiler and transfer the whole shebang to your awaiting dishes.