Making your own pizza is a great way to explore creativity with ingredients. It’s also a fun way to get rid of some of the hangers-on in your fridge.
Three Cheese Sausage and Pepper Pizza
- Whole Wheat pizza dough (frozen ball)
- 8oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (Vermont aged)
- 2″ block of gorgonzola cheese
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 Italian pork sausage links
- 1/2 jar sauce (Classico Tomato and Basil)
- Corn Meal
- Remove dough and allow to thaw for 1-2 hours or until soft
- Brown sausage over medium heat and slice into bite size pieces
- Slice pepper
- Stretch, roll and toss dough out using corn meal and rolling pin
- Carefully move dough onto baking sheet or pizza stone
- Spoon out approximately 1/2 the jar of sauce (8oz/16oz jar) over dough leaving room around crust
- Place cheddar cheese as a base layer
- Add toppings
- Cover with mozzarella cheese
- Slice gorgonzola cheese and distribute evenly across pizza
- Bake at 500°F for 16-24 minutes or until cheese is golden and crust crisp
- Let cool a few minutes before slicing then enjoy!
Have any other suggestions for toppings or cheese? Have your own favorite pizza? Leave a comment and let me know!
Until next time, Cheers!