The two faced chicken meets the chicken who turns the other cheek and you end up with the open faced chicken. I think somehow that’s about how it all goes down. Either way this tasty junction of caprese salad, chicken and some tasty starches will have you satiated on dinner in less than 30 minutes.
Open Faced Chicken Caprese Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- provolone cheese, sliced
- fresh tomato
- spinach (or try arugula to spice it up a notch)
- baguette loaf
- sweet potato fries (frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- I sliced my chicken breasts in half hot dog style to get them to fit on the baguette easier, but that’s a game time decision based on what you’re working with. Then drop them in the pan with some just heated oil and sear ’em up real good ’cause no body likes e-coli.
- Throw in the sweet potato fries and let them cook while you’re putting the grills on the chickadee.
- Slice your baguette and tomato. Arrange according to your preference. I chose to go with the spinach on bottom, tomato, then chicken topped with the cheese.
- Slide your creations into the oven and let cook for the remaining time on the fries. This should be long enough to melt your cheese, crisp your baguette and roast that tomato just a tad.
- Pull it all out, throw it on a plate and enjoy.
Until next time, Cheers!