Well after a solid two months off, you’d think I’d be well rested, right? Wrong. The reason this here poor blog (and your inboxes, eyes, etc.) were neglected the last eight weeks has more to do with how crazy life got in the Big Apple. See the onset of mid-October means one of our two biggest days of service at work, the holidays (when everyone seems to think it’s the only time of year to be charitable/volunteer AND when there is ridiculous amounts of travel back home). All that said it’s about time to get back to work. Today’s meal is a favorite of mine, but the recipe also comes from a close friend and seeing as how he essentially modified and perfected it I can’t willingly share without permission (which I haven’t asked for, oops).
Classic Chicken Alfredo
- Secret sauce recipe from an Italian friend
- Fresh head of broccoli
- (2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. fresh whole-wheat linguine
- Boil chicken until internal temp reaches 140°F, let cool. Then trim and cut into bite size pieces.
- Steam broccoli
- Follow secret sauce recipe
- Add fresh linguine to boiling water for no more than 2 min, rinse with hot water and drain in colander.
And, in more important news, expect some MAJOR changes coming to the blog over the next month or so… stay tuned.
Until next time, Happy New Year and Cheers!